Welcome to my life.
Usually getting together my backpack means shoving a bunch of school supplies in a bag, and it always ends in a mess. But not this year. This year you and me are going to stay organized and be prepared for whatever comes our way. Here are 11 tips on what you should put in your bag and how to make it your own.
1. Make sure you bring more pens and pencils than you think you need, because even if you're the neatest person in the world, you will lose them.
2. Your backpack doesn't need to be 200 pounds. To make it a little lighter, I suggest getting a binder or a 5 subject notebook, instead of a bunch of little hardcover or spiral notebooks and folders. They takes up less room and don't kill your back as much.
3. If you have a long commute like me, or even just a car ride, you should bring a book, a magazine, or even a journal to read or write about your day in. Writing in a a journal is very therapeutic and you'll thank yourself later for putting in the time to write down things that you might forget later on in life.
4. Always make time to get a water in the morning for school. Being hydrated is very important, especially if you go to a school that's not air conditioned.
5. Personalize a plain backpack by putting buttons on it. You'd be surprised how many you find lying around. I know I have a ton I never used from comic con.
6. You can take an emergency baggy just in case you're at school for a long time. In mine I have deodorant, a travel tooth brush and tooth paste, tissues, and a couple of hair bands.
7. It might sound weird, but a pair of socks is good to keep in your bag. I used my back up socks 4 different times this year and I don't even remember why.
8. Hand sanitizer is a must. The amount of germs in school is insane, between the desks, stair railings, lockers etc.
9. Going along with number 6, I suggest buying a portable charger just in case you have an after school activity or if you listen to music on the way home (That can drain your battery), I got mine at Urban Outfitters for $30.
10. You never know when you're going to run into someone cute or talk to someone new, (OR IF YOU JUST WANNA SMEEL GOOD TO SMELL GOOD), so gum is a must. Don't chew like a cow, and you won't get caught.
11. Keep your lips hydrated and remember to grab a lip balm before the bell rings. I bring an eos wherever I go:)
I hope you guys have a great start to school, and that everyone's having a great September.
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
Be apart of the conversation! Comment what you think!
Making noise through multiple mediums since 2001.