Welcome to my life.
When I first started regularly working out, I did the same workout everyday for about six months. Towards the tale end of it, I realized it was starting to be ineffective. THEN, I had a conversation with my uncle (a fitness junkie you would say) and he told me that I should be working a different part of my body everyday instead of just doing a full body workout. So that's what I...sort of...started doing after that. There are just somethings I need to do everyday, but thats different for everyone. Here's an example of what a normal workout week for me would look like now:
MONDAY: TUESDAY: WEDNESDAY: THURSDAY: FRIDAY: SATURDAY: SUNDAY:
- Thigh - Kickboxing - Kickboxing - Arms *NO - Kickboxing - Butt
- Ab - Ab - Ab -Ab WORKOUT* - Ab - Cardio
- Cardio (dance) - Butt - Ab
As you can see, I find it really important to do abs everyday for myself. Also, if you don't know, kickboxing is basically a full body workout but it mainly targets cardio, your arms and your legs. If you haven't tried it, its a really great a effective workout, I highly recommend it. If you can, incorporating at least one class a week is a really good thing; it reminds you that everyone is working hard, not just you. Anyway, here are some of the best at home workouts for every body part:
- These dance videos serve as a great warm up for when you don't want to do intense cardio but you need a little fuel. They also really boost my mood before a workout! AND, you don't have to actually be a dancer to do them, you just have to get moving. The cardio video on the right is good for when you haven't been walking a lot (like on a Sunday) or you need to burn some serious calories. You'll see a lot of her videos on here, she's one of my favorite trainers on YouTube.
- The best part about these workouts is that it doesn't use weights and the one on the right will kind of serve as a bit of a cardio too (you'll be out of breath by the end). I can tell you from experience that these workouts are highly effective, and to be quite honest, I find arm workouts without weights leave me much more sore than with.
- My. Favorite. All of these are the most effective and are pretty explanatory on what part of your abs they target. But when I'm in need of a "quick fix" (there's no such thing, but whatever), Intense Abs is the way to go.
Butt / Thigh
- I promise, these will leave you super sore and looking good. Even though my schedule didn't target this area often, I try and suggest doing it as much as 3 times a week.
There you have it! I know it could be really hard to workout after school and other activities, but I hope these will help. They've definitely helped me stay more consistent in my exercise routine.
Email me with any other fitness questions or comments:)
Be apart of the conversation! Comment what you think!
Making noise through multiple mediums since 2001.